Hideck Farmhouse – For an Intimate and Experiential Getaway Near Bangalore
December’s hazy mornings and crisp air whispered a familiar yearning. It was time for our little year-end tradition, a getaway to bask in unhurried moments together. Away from the city glitter and the chaos of to-do lists, all we wanted was to indulge in experiences and endless random conversations.
This is when we came to know about Hideck farmhouse, a little lush haven for personalised experiences and unrivalled solitude. Decked with a private outdoor jacuzzi and an open air movie set up, it felt like a bespoke offering tailored to the very essence of our heart’s desires. Read on to know more about this hidden gem close to Bangalore.
About the Farmhouse
Hideck Farmhouse is located approx. 60 kms away from Bangalore, tucked amidst the lush farmlands of Hosur. The farmhouse offers accommodation in villas of different categories, each thoughtfully designed emphasising both comfort and privacy and with a hint of luxury. These glamping themed villas equipped with an outdoor jacuzzi and projector, are perfect for an intimate staycation away from the hubbub of city life.
Reaching Hideck Farmhouse
You can reach Hideck farmhouse by your own vehicle or by renting a cab. It takes around 1.5-2 hours from Bangalore. We booked an outstation cab to go there. But while coming back we used the cab service reference given by the farmhouse and the rates were similar to the other operators.
Approximate cost for taxi (for both sides including toll): INR 4000
What sets the accommodation at Hideck Farmhouse apart is how seamlessly it incorporates the exclusive experiences with the stay. Expect capacious rooms that exude luxurious vibes, eye-pleasing furnishings and the most unique outdoor decks. Some of the villas also come equipped with an outdoor pool for that extra dash of indulgence.
Explore the different accommodation options and prices here and decide which one best aligns with your preferences.
We opted for Hideck Signature, best suited for couples in terms of size and amenities. It is basically a cozy studio with a contemporary kitchen space and a private bathroom. The outdoor deck, with panoramic views of the open area and hills, is adorned with a hammock, jacuzzi, a pair of loungers, and a projector. What we liked is, despite being outdoors, the deck is ingeniously designed to provide utmost privacy. This allowed us to savour our moments together in our own bubble, undisturbed by anyone else. It perfectly set the stage for an idyllic and intimate retreat.
Kitchen and Food
The accommodation provides some DIY food items for breakfast and snacks. Maggi, bread, eggs, milk, tea and some ready to eat food packets like Poha and Upma were available. Apart from that, biscuits, chips and few other munchies were provided too. Kitchen has basic utensils, a fridge, microwave, induction and an electric kettle to manage the basic food preparation.
For major meals like lunch or dinner, you can order food from the nearby restaurant online and the caretaker will deliver the order to your doorstep. The restaurant has a wide range of both veg and non-veg options (along with alcohol). The food tasted average though.
A word of caution: If you do not eat spicy food, Do Not order Chilly Chicken. They took the name quite seriously it seems 😉
What we loved about our stay at Hideck Farmhouse
While the outdoor Jacuzzi may be considered the signature element of Hideck by many, it was the hammock that earned its place as my favourite. It offered the perfect opportunity to chill with some coffee. Then as evening descended, we nestled down comfortably, looking at the moon and the stars above and enjoying the evening breeze. Even the following morning, it became our chosen spot to lie down and bask in the morning sun. Let me tell you, it was not just a hammock; it was a portal to pure happiness and peace 🙂
Private Outdoor Jacuzzi
I call it the Jacuzzi of dreams, set aesthetically against a beautifully painted wall in one corner of the outdoor deck. Indeed this is the special ingredient that elevates the romance quotient of the entire stay experience. Especially in the evening, when the fairy lights and candles cast a warm glow, the whole space is transformed into a romantic haven. Slipping into the Jacuzzi with bubbles and rose petals caressing our skin while heartfelt Bollywood melodies played in the projector – it felt like pure bliss.
Open-Air Movie Set Up
Under the velvet sky, snuggled under a blanket on the loungers, we enjoyed our very 1st open-air movie experience. After a delightful Jacuzzi session and dinner, this cinematic indulgence felt like the perfect conclusion to a snug night. By this time, the surroundings had fallen into silence. And the deck was faintly lit by the light emanating from the projector and the little fairy lights. It was the most romantic movie experience ever.
The Day Bed
From being our morning chai nook to the makeshift workspace – this day bed by the window swiftly became my preferred spot in the room. It opened to a picturesque view of yellow flowers and a verdant surrounding. Cool fresh air wafted in through the windows. And seating here I could observe the rhythmic flow of daily life.
The Farmhouse Vibe
We loved how the farmhouse is set in a location that truly aligned with its purpose. The surrounding offers the perfect opportunity for leisurely strolls. Yes, there is not much to see around, except for a few more estates and farms. But we spotted a lot of butterflies in the area and a Chickoo farm laden with fruits. The vibrant hues of bougainvillaea and Palash flowers added a burst of colours to the surroundings. And a herd of sheep grazing close by completed the quintessential farm vibe.
Know before you go
- While Hideck Farmhouse provides luxurious and private accommodation, it does not come equipped with full-service amenities like meal preparation or table service. This is more like an airbnb where you make your own chai and order your own food. So keep your expectations right.
- There is no TV provided in the room, just the projector set up in the outdoor deck with Netflix and Youtube. This arrangement works well if you are there just for a day. But if you stay for a couple of days, watching something in the daytime may not be possible.
- The accommodation offers wi-fi connectivity and speed was good enough for office work and online meetings.
- The decorations you see in the pictures come at an additional cost. But we found it absolutely worth the price looking at how beautifully it transformed the place. The whole set up with balloons, candles and rose petals created a very romantic ambience. Definitely recommend this if you are celebrating a special occasion.
- In the evening, mosquitoes start coming in, especially in to the the open deck thinking its an all-you-can-bite buffet 😉 . This is an open area after all, that too a farm area. But thankfully the accommodation provides coils and mosquito repellant creams to keep them at bay. We did not have much trouble since it was a breezy evening.
- When we visited (December mid), the weather was cool in the morning and evening, and mild in the day. Even though the room came equipped with an AC, we did not need it during our stay. It was the perfect weather for spending time in the outdoor deck, especially for a late night movie.
- There are no attractions as such to visit nearby. This stay is more about relaxing and experiences than visiting places.
The stay at Hideck was more than what we had expected. It was the perfect blend of luxury, comfort and personalisation, making it a place we are eager to revisit in the future. Till then, I’ll fondly reminisce about the leisurely moments in the hammock and the cozy night beneath the stars, snuggled under the blanket.
For more unique stays and experiences, check our other blogs here.